I believe in life struggle

Zenaida - Palm Desert, California
Themes: addiction, family

I believe in life’s struggle.

One particular situation where my believe came from was when my older sister went from using marijuana to meth. I was fourteen years old when my sister started using drugs. She was a really smart girl in school and in everything she did. She would get so many awards, from being the best writer in her class to the over achiever. She was my mom’s favorite.

When she was in high school, she started thinking about guys and how it would feel to have a boyfriend .She started talking to boys and boys would talk to her. She started going to parties and doing things she would never do. One day when she was at school one guy that she really liked asked if she wanted to be his girlfriend. My sister of course said yes. They went out for at least six months and then he decided he wanted to break up with her.

She was saddened with break up and she started using marijuana. She decided marijuana was her solutions to all her problems. every time she would be high she was so happy and she thought life was a wonderful thing, but once she didn’t have her drug she hated herself and her life. She just couldn’t be with out her weed. Then marijuana was to light for her and she started using meth.

When she started using meth she forgave the boy that had broken up with her and she would help my me and brothers with our homework. She was just there when ever we needed her. A year had pasted since we’ve seen her and then one day my mom and I were headed to the grocery store and we saw a young women walking. I started telling my mom how horrible it would be to be some one like that women. As soon as I said that my mom looked over and said “that’s you sister”!! I was amazed at how drugs had changed her. When my mom got closer to her and started talking to her I was very scared.

That same night she came home with us and she told us she was tried of using drugs, but couldn’t be with out them. My mom suggested rehab and she accepted. While she was in rehab, she was going crazy without her drugs and she decided to get out. She tried once more and she managed to stay. She stayed for one year and she has recovered. This just shows me that in order to get where you want to get you need sometimes need to hit rock bottom.