The Learning years

Karley - Huntley, Illinois

I believe that high school has taught me important life lessons. Many people say High school is the best four years of your life. I don’t see it in that way, but I do see these four years as important. As I look back at my time at Huntley High School, I have learned a lot. Not just from lessons in my textbooks, but most prominently life lessons. One life lesson I have learned is stay true to yourself and not follow the crowd. As I gaze in the hallways each and every day, I see more and more unreal people. Everyone is in competition with each other, and you don’t get a second glance if your not wearing designer clothing. If you take a step back, the girl walking in the halls with her own sense of self, doesn’t look too shaby anymore. She has keep her sense of identity, and not followed the crowd. In the real world, all you have is yourself and no one is going to care what your wearing or how much your bag cost. Its not what you wear, its what’s inside that makes a person. Always stay true to yourself and what you believe in. Another life lesson I learned, is “life’s tough wear a helmet”. Sure this is a clique quote, but high school has proved it true. Peer pressure, heartache, ACTS, college, and etc., create so much stress on one person and can tear you down. But we all got through it in the long run, thanks to our ability to stay strong. In addition, I’ve learned that it’s not what you have in your life, but whom you have in your life that counts. Throughout high school, I am lucky to say I have meet some influential people. I have met friends who have helped me through tough times, teachers who took time out of their hectic lives to help me better understand a lesson, and in general people who have had some sort of impact on my life. You meet all sorts of different people in high school, and it helps you better understand diversity. In conclusion, High school is not just the best four years of your life, but it is a step in stone to the rest of our lives, and only we are in control of our future. This I believe.