Political Labels

JEREMY - 92211, California

I believe myself to be more of a Democrat than a Republican based on several beliefs and opinions. Democrats believe in much more affordable heath care for all ages. I have an elderly grandmother who finds it hard to get heath care, so I support that. Another big topic is abortion and abortion rights. Women are given the choice whether or not they wish to have the baby or not. I strongly value life, but if one life will ruin another’s then it is not worth the price. Many women are raped or victims of incest, or sexual assault crimes where the baby was not planned at all. These women should not be forced to care for a new child when they have other things in store for their own futures. Another key issue at hand today that we deal with is gay rights. We do not know if we should grant gay couples marriage benefits and treat them as equals, even though they deserve to be treated as such. Gays are found in large numbers around our local area and having personally met and talked casually to many, I find they are extremely normal despite the harsh views placed on them. Education is becoming more crucial as population increases. With more kids there are more middle schools needed and fewer colleges accepting applications. Education is becoming extremely expensive and harder to come by. With prices rising in gas and taxes, some can’t afford to go to school any more.

I believe Democrats are for a strong economy that is willing to take care of its people and do what is asked of it. They support the fair trade agreement which is big in all aspects of a new and upcoming market. We believe strongly in a shining example all over the world for others to follow. We believe in having a strong appearance at home and setting up good defensive barriers against enemy invasion. Democratic government is obviously the greatest solution to our need in government and economy.

I personally see myself as a Democrat, and I do not see Republicans as corrupt, but just as the other side of the spectrum. Issues and conflicts are what separate the two sides of government. They are used primarily to elect leaders. This leader is allowed to rule our country for 4 years, which is a LONG time, and if they are re-elected, they can run our homeland for up to 8 years. George Bush’s term is finally coming to a closure. Our government is very important, and our vote decides our futures. I am just a regular John Doe with an insignificant opinion but ’this I believe’ to be the way our country functions. I would much rather serve under a strong governmental rule, a president, than have to live by survival of the fittest, or a Republican style of rules that aren’t enforced. And this is why I believe the Democratic position to be my choice.