Desmond - Panama city, Florida
Themes: work

Hard Work

I believe that in life there a lot of things that we want, but are we will to work hard to get them. In life we see things that we want like fancy cars, expense clothes, and large houses, but to have these things you got to work hard. See I’m a young man, who learned what working hard would get you. At the age of 14 I was taught how to work hard. In the summer of 2001 I went to work at this High School doing custodian work. At first I taught that the job would be easy and I would just do easy work and get paid. I was wrong because my supervisor Mr. Walters took a lazy young man and turned him into hard working young man. Mr. Walters taught how to mop the floors, buff and strip the floors, and how to just do custodian work. I didn’t know what hard work was, but after that summer I would never have to ask what it was again. Everything that Mr. Walters taught me I took and used outside of working at the school. I took the money that I earned and went and bought some school clothes and shoes. After that summer I know what hard work was and never was lazy again.

Another way to work hard is mentally. That means working hard in school. That means from a little kid to a young man or woman, we all got to work hard in school. See what we do in school reflects what we do in life. If we give 100% in the classroom and just do our best the outcome is great and you end up most of the time with a good job. If we don’t give our best effort, we sometimes end up working a dead-end job. See we all want that good job making six figures a year, but to have a job like that we need a good education. From becoming managers or just maybe being your own boss. So working hard mentally can lead to many great things for us if we don’t give up.

Finally what I learned about working hard that summer in 2001 has made me the hard working man I am today. I’m now 22 years old and I can say that all the hard work that I put in has benefited for me. I’m a full-time student going to school for 12 credit hours, to get my AA in Business Management. See if I want to own my own business one day I got to work hard in my classes and just do my best. I know that everything that I learn in the classes I will use out in the real world. All so I’m a full-time employee too. I work 40 to 60 hours a week at the Bay Point Marriott Resort. I have gone from being a banquet server to banquet captain. All my hard work has enabled me to have the things I always wanted. Like this year I was able to buy a new car, buy a lot of new clothes and shoes and I’m working on buying a house very soon. In all I believe that with a little hard work and dedication we can do anything or have anything.