Sweet Dreams

Lindsey - Sun Prairie, Wisconsin

I believe in following your dreams. I think that you should do what you want even if someone tells you different. I think this way because if you let people make decisions for you, you will have no freedom to be who you are. I think that if you want to be a pro athlete you should go for it or if you want to be a movie star you should go for it. Don’t let people push you around and make decisions for you.

I have learned that if you don’t follow your dreams you won’t be able to do what makes you happy. From experience, I think that you should be able to do whatever makes you happy and whatever you strongly believe in. For example, I had really wanted to become an actress or artist when I was younger and still do but people around me have thought that was a very unrealistic career and that I shouldn’t become that. Basically I felt like they were making my decisions of what I wanted to do for me.

Some people that have really affected my decisions are my parents. What they say really makes an impact on what I do. They have said some things about my dreams that I don’t necessarily respect and some positive things but I try to block out the negative and listen to the positive. I think that if you really want to do something later in life or right now you should listen to what your parents have to say, but if it’s anything negative and is going to crush your dreams you shouldn’t listen to them. Just follow your heart.

I strongly believe in following your dreams

“Shoot for the moon and if you miss you will still be among the stars” –Les Brown