I Believe…

Michaela - Sun Prairie, Wisconsin

I Believe…

I believe that you should stand up for what you believe in and don’t worry about what other people think. If your friends are against what you believe, they will have to accept you for who you are. If someone makes fun of you for it, stand up, and tell him or her that you are whom you are and no one can take that away from you. If they can’t accept that then they aren’t really your friends.

I think that this is important because if you don’t stand up for yourself, you’ll let people walk all over you and then they’ll take advantage of you. When your friends decide to go against you and say that you’re stupid for what you believe in, tell them that if that’s all they can say, they need to be more mature and that they’re not worth your time. Your friends shouldn’t care what you believe, they should like you for who you are and look past all this. They should still accept your limits with certain things but they shouldn’t let them get in the way of your friendship. And neither should you.

I believe you should stand up for what you believe in. I don’t believe that you should let it get in the way and take it to extremes over little things. Just live your life like no one knows about it and don’t worry about what people are going to think of you. This is who you are and it’s not them so they can’t try and change. If people don’t agree with you on certain things, don’t let them try to change you. If they want too, let them know that, that’s not how you want things to work out. If they can’t accept that then just go on with your life and forget about that.

If you are afraid to stick up for yourself, get a friend who you know will always be there for you. A friend that’ll be willing to stand up for you and always be by your side when you need a friend. Someone that’ll tell people off when they are not appreciating you for you. Let them know how they make you feel and I you can’t do that, let your friend know, and then you know that they will take care of it by talking to them and telling them how you feel and making sure that they need to know you are who you are and that you’re not going to change just because one person doesn’t like you for who you are. Don’t be afraid to talk to them about it. They’ll understand. I think that you are one person and you can change but not in what you believe. That’s one thing that you always have and no one can take away from you.

I believe that you should stand up

for what you believe in.