More Harsh Punishments

Matt - montgomery, Minnesota
Themes: injustice

As theworld goes on people and tecnology change, many ways in which people act change. As the bill of rights states, people have the right to a lawyer in court. They also have protection against cruel and unusual punishment. Well I feel that some of Americas ways should be changed. Today Americas crime rate is at an all time high, from stealing electronics, to vandalizing a building, to murdering a person it has just gotten out of hand. One reason so much of this is going on is because the criminals know that they know they will not be punished very hard. I feel that if people were punished more for crimes they commit they would think more before they committed that crime. Now im not saying someone should be put in jail for life for stealing a tv, but if you put them in jail for a month or so they would relize they souldnt do that. It may even put them on the righ track and cause less crime in the future. The reason for this is because criminals start out small and get bigger and bigger to outdue what they did last time. If the punishments in America don’t change soon crime will keep getting worse and worse.