I’ve made mistakes

Aris - Stockton, California

“Every man makes mistakes, a smart man would

apologize for his actions but a genius

would learn from them”

My name is Aris and I go to Benjamin Holt College Preparatory Academy in Stockton California. I am in eighth grade and have gotten into a lot of trouble at this school because of making mistakes. I have gotten countless detentions, numerous saturday schools and been suspended twice. These have been because I have made mistakes.

Mistakes can very from not thinking about what is coming out of our mouths when we say it to not thinking about what we bring to school to knowing what is appropriate at the right times and what isn’t. Making unnecessary comments, bringing shock gum and flashlights and messing around in saturday school are mistakes that I have made.

I have apologized for many of these mistakes, which was the right thing to do. But was it the smart thing to do? Maybe instead of saying “I am sorry” (although half the time I do not mean it) and going out and repeating the action thus far getting into more trouble, I could learn from my mistakes therefore preventing them from happening again and staying out of trouble. That sounds like a good idea to me. I would not have to talk to the Dean of Students; my mom does not need to get mad at me and the teachers who do not like giving detentions (I think) would have no reason to.

This I believe is people can learn from their mistakes and end up making their world a better place. For example, if criminals would learn from their mistakes they would not commit as many crimes. They whine about being in jail and yet they do not learn from their mistakes to prevent it.