I believe in furthering education

Mark - Crandall, Georgia

A college education will give people a better edge in life and their occupation.

I believe very strongly in furthering one’s education after high school. I feel that everyone is born with a special skill, or talent, and the desire to succeed. Also, with all the money out there in the form of grants and scholarships, why not take advantage of it?

In order to succeed in life with little or no struggles financially, college is a must. It gives one the opportunity to educate themselves on that special skill or talent they possess. I believe that if people have a passionate interest in something, they are willing to learn about it. That is why most students do better in college than in high school.

Other than the need to succeed, there is also one’s desire, I believe. A two or four year degree is becoming more and more important to unlocking doors to economic and educational opportunities. Having a goal, and knowing how much must be done to achieve that goal makes it easier to survive college.

I also believe that with all the support there for education, one should take advantage of it. I didn’t start college until I was out of high school for five years. It wasn’t until I met a man in New York that I realized I should get back in school. Since I have come back, it has opened up so many opportunities for me.

My belief is that not only will furthering my education help me to achieve my life’s goals; it will also give me a feeling of accomplishment. There is not a better feeling in the world than that of bettering yourself and knowing that I shaped my life’s destiny by furthering my education and being able to share my special skill with the world. This I believe.