Karma!! Do You Believe?

Bobby - herriman, Utah

Karma!! Do you believe?

I believe in karma. I believe in getting what you deserve and choosing your destiny. I also believe raking your Zen garden, not because it gives you good chi, but because it centers you. It makes you think good things will happen. It’s all in your head. If you think positive and happy thoughts, then that’s what will show through your actions.

Let’s look at incidents that have happened in my family’s life, and in my life. My dad was not the best guy; he joined the military and started partying and cheating. So my mom divorced him. Now, ten years later the karma is just now kicking in. He married a lady with a rotten kid. If he had loved my mom and his three kids then he wouldn’t be stuck with a bitch for a wife and an asshole for a kid.

On my end though, I’ve messed up some things for myself. I’ve given myself bad karma time after time.

In 10th grade I started smoking pot everyday and skipping school. We made it a big part of our lives. So, now I’m doing my 10th and 11th school years over again. I’m paying ‘literally’ for the bad choices I made when I was a tadpole.

I’ve caused bad karma for my family. When I was younger I was not the best brother to my special brother Scotty. I didn’t give him a positive environment so now we are all paying for our lack of patience with him. I’ve been trying really hard for the past couple of years to fix what we’ve done. He has learned more educationally and socially in the past year, than he has in his past eighteen years, but he is still not at the level he could be at if we had tried just a little bit harder with him.

The best case of instant karma I’ve ever seen happened about 9 to 11 weeks ago. I passed 106th south and this truck gets on the on ramp. By the time he was fully on the freeway, he was doing about 90 mph.

He starts out by cutting across four lanes of traffic. I was just hanging back thinking “what a jerk.” He tries to get off at 90th south and cuts back across the freeway. As he is doing that a diesel was hiding another diesel on the right. The diesel on the right was speeding too. When the guy cut past the first diesel, he didn’t see the second one and it hit his back right bumper.

Best Karma I saw coming! This guy’s truck was mangled. It did two flips before hitting the right rail. He didn’t die, but I think it was the best karma for a guy like that. Apparently he had been driving that way for a while and got really confident with being able to drive how he pleases. That was the best instant karma I could have imagined.