I Believe in an Education

Tiffany - Tunnel HIll, Georgia

I believe in an education. With an education, I will have better opportunites for my future. I will be able to earn more money, and become a more well-rounded indivitual.

Going to college is a big step for someone like me who comes from an uneducated family. Both my mother and father were high school drop-outs. Both always encouraged my siblings and me to attend college because they now understand the consequences of not having an education. They also said it will be easier for me to find a job. My mother always said,”Baby, this world is full of opportunites all you have to do is go after them.” With and education I can have a chance to travel which has always been a dream of mine. Benefits from insurance, paid vaction, and commonly greater respect at my job will come from attending college.

I am used to working in low-down, minimum wage jobs. With an education i expect the environment to change dramatically. There will be no more screaming kids at the daycare I work at, as of now. I will not have to change anymore poop diapers or go home with a headache anymore. I will get a better job because with an education, my opportunites are endless.

All my life my parents have struggled to put food on the table. I remember coming home somedays to just a can of pinto beans and bread. My mom was a stay at home mom with four children plus one grandson. On my fifteenth birthday, my parents got a divorce. When she had to get a job it was low in pay and had poor hours. i often wonder how shw accomplished such a task with four children, and paying a baby-sitter at night so we woul not be alone. One night my mother had to work a double shift and when I saw her, afterwords, I knew something had to be done. I got a job. I worked at the local Subway in our small town. I knew after my first paycheck I would never settle for that amount of money plus the struggles my mom went through: I knew I was going to college! Having an education was the only was I could earn the amount of money I had anticipated.

By completing my education, I intend on being a well-rounded person. I want to know just about everything there is to know in every subject to offer. My father has trouble reading and writing so I want to be able to help him. I know that with a college education I can help him. I believe an education is now a fundamental part in the basis of every human being. Without one, there is sufferage and pain because tou do not even know if you can provide for your own children. Becoming a well-rounded person would make me a leader not a follower.

I believe an education will make me more knowledgeable about the world. I eill become aware of the opportunities theat were there before and now I just have to go get them. An education will give me a higher income along with making me a better indivitual. With an education I wil have a different, better set of worries without pain or suffering; this I believe.