This I Believe…

Alanna - Hilliard, Ohio
Themes: love

This I Believe…

“My life is love.”

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered; it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres. Love never fails. (I Corinthians 13:4-8) I believe my life is love.

Love is patient. Ever so often, my parents become angry with the choices I make. Whether it be talking back, or doing something they deliberately say not to do, they are patient because they love me and they know I will learn from my mistake.

Love is kind. When the world seems to be crashing down around me, those who love and care for me will always reach down a kind, helping hand. When beliefs become tested, and values begin to shatter, the kindness of love brings me back to my feet.

Love does not envy, nor boast, nor is it proud. I do not feel jealously towards anyone in my life who I truly love. My friends, whom have been there for me, never boast about their lives or become resentful to one another. When friendships become challenged, those who deeply love me will not turn their backs.

Love is not rude or self-seeking. My mother has endless amounts of love in her heart. She shows me this, by everyday, being the best mother that she can be. She is not looking to better herself or put herself on a pedal stool, she does these things out of the adoration of her heart for my family and for me.

Love is not easily angered and it keeps no records of wrongs. When I do slip up and make a mistake, as everyone does, I ask the forgiveness of my friends and family. Love shines through because the ones who truly love me will accept my apology and move on. They never keep a record of my wrongs.

Love does not ever delight with evil, but always rejoices with the truth. The people in my life, whom I love, always speak the truth. When things seemed to get all jumbled up, I lead a life of truth and never enjoy other’s mistakes.

The love in my life always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres. My life is love, and love never fails.