My Philosophy is Positivity

Stephanie - Hilliard, Ohio

Each morning, I wake from my cozy, warm bed, thankful to just be alive. God has blessed me with another day to live. Many people take life for granted and see the negative perspectives on things. Myself, on the other hand, try my best to view things positively.

A few weeks ago, my mom and I were driving through the outskirts of London, Ohio. While passing through, my stomach began to turn upside down. The little town was filled with lower class citizens and they lived in homes that looked like a ramshackle cabin or shack. The homes were roughly built and pieced together from scraps of material gathered from dumpsters or old construction sites. Many of these citizens do not even know where their next meals will come from. These people that live in the outskirts of London, Ohio, are like many people throughout the world. They have gone through hardships and they, sooner or later, start to loose interest in their daily lives.

I can get frustrated easily. Simple tasks like laundry, vacuuming the floor, and taking my younger sister to dance take up time and are not that fun to do. Then I think to myself, why should I get upset about doing simple tasks? Some people do not even have a car to drive their younger siblings to dance classes, but I do. I should always be grateful for the things that I have and not think about the possessions that I do not have. Instead of seeing events that happen in my life as bad I have been tying to see the positives in all situations. Things could always be worse than they are. I may not live in a house with expensive art work hanging on the walls and luxury cars parked in the drive way, but I do have a family that loves me dearly and will do anything for me. I could live in a shanty like many people do in the outskirts of London, Ohio, but I don’t. I am a fortunate child. I have three meals each day and am not worried about someone breaking into my home in the middle of the night. I am sixteen years old and I even have a cell phone. Many people are not as fortunate as I am.

Every day, I keep my head high. Keep things positive I tell myself. Instead of

seeing the glass half empty, see the glass half full. Life is a lot more rewarding when

I keep a positive attitude and I tend to enjoy my day more.