Rhythm of Life

Shannon - Hilliard, Ohio

“Music cleanses the understanding; inspires it, and lifts it into a realm which it would not reach if it were left to itself.” ~Henry Ward Beecher

Music is my refuge. It is my safe, secure serenity. Music can explain everything and reveal the world to you. I have always come back to music; in my needs of trouble and despair. Music will never change and it can always set me free. Music is the one thing, in this world, that I will never question, though I may never quite understand it, entirely. It is an art, a prayer, hope, love, inspiring, and any other feeling that one can ever hope to have.

Music has always been a big part of my life. I have always loved music. One of my fondest memories of my childhood is one, in which, my parents pop a CD into the player and we would dance all night long. We’d have no cares or worries. Just listening to the music would make the night perfect.

My love and tastes for music has, most assuredly, come from my parents. My dad listens to a variety of music, from the 70’s to trying to stay “hip” with today’s music. My mom is on the softer side, with classical and softer rock. Everyday, my passion for music has grown, and it’s all thanks to them.

The art of music surrounds me everyday. Whether it’s me playing piano, singing, or just talking to my friends about music, it will always be there for me to lean back on. Music tells the truth and is so moving to my soul. I’m not too emotional, and yet music can still pull and tug at my heart. No matter the situation, I will always find music in the end.

I’m unsure of my future or what will become of me, but I do know that I’ll always have music. Music will always fill me. I will always be singing a tune or spreading it everywhere. Music is contagious. I’ve been caught on it and I’ll never let go. Music is my passion and life.

Music gives me my soul and feelings. It will be, forever, inside me.