second chances.

Allison - Boothbay, Maine

I know a lot of people say you get one shot and one shot only, and most of them mean it. There is always that “if you mess up, there is no going back” attitude in everyone. But what im wondering is if those people really have gone through something that you regret with your life, and that you wish you could take back with everythign you have. Nothing you do can take back what you did, but there are certain things you can do to try and make up for what you did. I find it wrong when people say once its done, its done, and theres nothing you can do about it. I believe you can try and change, or make up for what you did. My boyfriend went away to germany for a trip, he was gone for three weeks. My ex boyfriend made a move on me, and I feel for it. At the time I was feeling a lot of emotions, at one point I really liked this boy, and the things he does, I just couldnt help myself. I know that all sounds wrong, but its true, and I no everyone wil experience someone like that. It was the worst thing I could do, but I was confused. I had to plead for my boyfriend back, I had to basically give myself and all of myself to him, I had to prove that it was a mistake, and it meant nothing. He’s the one I want to be with, and I had to explain if I didnt want to be wtih him, I didnt have to be, I could go be with my ex, but thats not what I wanted. We got back together luckily, and we’ve been fine ever sense. I’ve never felt a feeling this strong before, and I’m glad I chased it and didnt let it get away from me. I believe in going for what you want, even though you may not feel like you deserve it, it may turn out well in the end. Fight for what you want, give it everything you have. That’s what second chances are for, showing that you know you did wrong, but you now know what’s right. It’s all about proving yourself, showing who you really are, and that is what I believe in.