Justin - Beaverton, Oregon

People believe in something, whether or not they like it or not. Through the studies of religion and exploring different cultures, I have realized that everybody believes in something. Believing in something takes in many shapes and forms, but there is always something that certain person believes in.

As I already talked about what I believe in. I really want to talk about the meaning of believing. I have been learning so much more about what it means to believe. It means something totally different then what we think it does. I believe that everybody truly believes in something. It might be that they believe in that there is nothing to believe in. As humans we believe in something always. Whoever or whatever made us this way basically made us to believe. We are much different than animals or living organisms. We believe in something. Those beliefs altar the way we live.

Many times as we start to believe we will do stupid things. Like some people will reject food and fast for the thing they call “God”. Some people even die for what they believe in. I never see animals die for something they believe in. You may say science is real but it is also something you must believe in. Everywhere we go we believe.

To believe is something special. Believing is sacred to that person. Often times why you believe in something is directly correlated to experiences that have shaped you. It gives you purpose in some way. This is what I believe. I believe we are all believers in something.