Subject to a Cosmic Test—->?

James - Fairfax, Virginia

I think it is the impending notion that I could be going to jail tomorrow that I write this note today at work. Although my lawyer is confident in his confidence, I just can’t help but wondering what it would be like if things went bad in the courtroom. You just never know…

Sometimes I feel like I’m the subject of some sort of cosmic experiment. I will almost have a grasp on something that I feel might be potentially attainable, and then…..Whooosh…,there it goes, right out my proverbial window.

I know things are meant by God as tests, to see how we react to them. To be honest, if God wants me in jail for driving 25mph through a parking lot, then there must be a reason…

I used to think that Change, in itself, was the essence of Life, and that the way that we faithfully adapted to those changes that God threw our way were essentially what made us who we are.

Simply adapting to Change isn’t good enough. There is another element that must be taken into account. This aspect is a combination of two things that occur after any change that occurs; Decisions and Determination. D&D if you will, or if you prefer, Determicision.

Only when these two aspect are combound, can a person really shoot for the moon, so to speak.

Perhaps it is a credit to my present distain that I’m hesitant to insert a personal exemplum here other than my court trial, but I’ll rather resort to speaking in general terms. Although, I’m sure an illustration would help visualize my plights and plunders much more efficiently than my ergonomical ramblings.

I guess my illustration is best rooted in something familiar to you all: Toy Story. I call to order the scene in which Buzz LightYear stands at the top of the stairs and jumps for the window. Hoping ever so much that he will fly. Or as Randy Newman delicately put it: “Like a bird in the sky, If I believed I can fly, while I’ll FLYyyyyy .”

A great quote I heard this week was:

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.”

On the dawn of a new day, I urge you all to speak what matters most to each and everyone of you. This can mean whatever you need it to. Just be assured that you only get one go around on this great big blue ball called Earth, and you only have but a limited time to make your impressions, so Impress away!

As for me, sometimes it just feels like I’m shooting for the Moon with a “Fisher Price” Bow & Arrow set.