Life is Good, Have Fun

Reagan - Duluth, Minnesota
Themes: carpe diem

I believe that the purpose of life is to have fun. I believe that we should live life to its fullest. I think that in the end, it isn’t going to matter if we were popular, made the most money, or any other special stuff like that. What really is going to matter is if we made our lives worth living and had fun.

One Summer I was on a baseball team. I joined the team because I thought it was going to be a good experience and I would be able to have fun with some of my friends. However, when I joined the team, I had a miserable time and I wasn’t having any fun at all. I thought to myself, “Hey, I joined this sport to have fun right?” So I quit. I am not saying that you should just quit everything you don’t like, but rather find something you really do like and commit to it. Later that summer I started to pick up golf. While learning this sport I was able to meet new friends, improve, and I had the most fun in my entire life. I think making new friends and improving on whatever you are doing are the keys to having a fun life. Making new friends can help you have a fun life because they are someone you can hang out with and talk to. Improving in your interests is a key component to having an exciting life because you always feel better when you become better at something that you really enjoy doing.

I think that having a fun life does not come easy and it does not mean not trying hard in school or slacking off in a sport. I believe that these things can make you live a fun and exciting life. For example, if you do not do well in school, and get bad grades, you will probably not be very successful in life and will not be able to have as much fun as you would have liked to. But if you are a successful person, you will have the time and ability to have a very exhilarating life.