Today

Mark - Palatine, Illinois
Themes: carpe diem

Some people look towards the future in what their going to be or what their going to do. I believe we should live for the day. I am at a point in my life were I am going to be defined by where I go to college, what profession and where I live. No! I want to be defined by myself and my actions. It’s absurd that my life is going to be decided by something that has never happened. People should be more focused on the decisions their making now not the ones they will make later. Then you have those who dwell on the past. Then, the people who are consumed by what they did, that they do not focus what’s happening now. People should see what is done is done and they should go on with their lives. I know this sound like I am condemning those who are not living in the present but I am just saying that people should. If you focus too much on the past and future, you lose sight of the now and potentially your future. So to all of those who are not living in the present, I say to those in the words from The Dead Poet’s Society. “Carpe Diem!”