Tyler - Palatine, Illinois

I believe in the righteousness of man. I believe that within each of us there is a driving power that can save our planet and all the inhabitants of it. I believe that everyone can be good and that grudges are purposeless.

I was once just another high school kid. One, who constantly judged, critiqued and held resentment against those around me. But through my advancement across my four years I matured and the absorption of experiences I became something I’m proud of. I have witnessed high school students, who, in a time surrounded by MTV, Abercrombie and the commercial trends of the time, are warped by their society into self-absorbed drones, remarkably flip and help those around them. Seeing students banding together to better their world and those in it shines a light of hope for the future and showcasing that the true power we hold in how we can bend down and pick someone else up. To see high school kids who are not afraid to express their faith, who worship openly and display their love for God is wonderful.

I believe in the future of mankind. I believe that through my generation we can push beyond the difficulties of religious neglectfulness, and social strife. Through us, we can bring the United States and the world to a greater precipice. I believe in hope, and the extension of hope, success and the universal happiness that ensues.