Lifes Rollercoaster

Anna - Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Themes: carpe diem

I believe life is like a rollercoaster full of ups and downs from which you choose to enjoy and learn from, or just roll on and let pass by you.

Is not the first time on a roller coaster exciting? It does not matter how old you are, being in a rollercoaster for the first time gives you a rush of blood to your body and adrenaline all over. Once you’re on it, ready to go, the first thing you think about is, “Oh my God, I don’t want to die! What if this thing falls apart?” It´s funny thinking about that, because we have already heard it thousands of times,” Nothing is going to happen, it is the best one here.” Even that is not enough though, but even with that feeling of uncertainty we do it, just to prove ourselves that we are capable. When it starts, nervousness is governing our feelings. Once we have done it, we are calmer and start enjoying ourselves, and the pleasant and fun ride. The end, well, the end can be different for everyone: some throw up, some faint, some are very happy and some are just proud of themselves for having done the thing they thought they would never be able to do.

Personally, I think that is how life is lived, full of fears and phobias. Living with the uncertainty of what the future has for us is everything we can thing about when we are young. When I moved to Tegucigalpa it was just my mom, my grandmother, my cousin and I. A year after, my mom got married and my two siblings were born. Economic problems were affecting the family, later my mom got to a point were she could not even pay my school and many other daily necessities. Little by little problems were being solved here and there, and thanks to God our situation was only getting better. During all that time my mom always told me that I had to know that we were not a wealthy family and that I needed to be humble and down to earth. She taught me that problems happened to everyone, good or bad, but the way we face those problems is what makes the difference. Staying close to God and giving him the burden of the problems is going to make it much better and easier. That is what makes the difference at the end of that rollercoaster, the way we have made the trip and with whom we choose to make it. I believe that letting pass these problems and not learning from them is just a waist of time and of life. Life is to be lived to the fullest, because there is just one!