Everything Happens for a Reason

Laura - Hoffman Estates, Illinois

I believe that everything happens for a reason and every event has a purpose given by God.

Most people believe that entrance into the world entails chaos and a constant fight to hold onto the vestiges of innocence and purity that childhood gives you until you become too jaded to believe in fairy tales and happy endings anymore. However, I don’t think this is the case. I believe that everything in life that comes our way is meant to be and is used for the purpose of teaching us lessons that we can choose to either accept or reject and run away from. Events that happen in your life are not necessarily just for your own learning benefit, either. Something that happens to you could be intended as a lesson for someone else entirely. What I don’t believe is that anything in this world happens by chance.

I was born premature three months, and I can’t imagine how terrifying that must have been for my parents. This experience, however, turned into a good thing not only because I lived, but because I have gained inspiration from the circumstances of my birth. I have always wanted to be a doctor because of it, and hopefully one day I will be the kind of doctor that will have saved many premature babies much like myself and brought many other types of children joy and security in their health.

This history of this world is God’s plan, and I believe that more than anything. If this world had been meant to begin in chaos, continue in chaos, and end in chaos, I think that the existence of anything in this world and in the worlds beyond this world would have been pointless and completely random. Fate would not exist and nothing would make sense. We would have to question even the existence of random encounters. Nothing would have meaning. So my belief in God’s plan for the world and everything having a reason is based off of the faith I have in my God and a higher purpose.

This is why no matter what happens to me in life, I have to believe that there was a reason for it and a lesson that can be learned. That is my truth.