There is strength in all of us

Bridget - Palatine, Illinois

The hardest times in my life have lead me to find inner strength that can get me through. As life goes on we face many hard things that seem to be like a brick wall blocking the way on our journey through life. From failing my first test to attempting to juggle friends and school with work and family responsibilities every situation has its difficulties. At every step along the journey of my life I know that obstacles will stand in my way and they feel impossible to tackle. Yet, I have made it through each time so far even when I have doubted myself completely. Even when I face the worst situations of being hurt and feeling the pain of a broken heart and losing the important people in my life I have been able to continue on and find happiness once more.

I have been able to find the strength inside of me to come to peace with losing my loved ones and find a strength that is inside of me to be happy once more. When friends turn their backs on me and I lost the people who always told me they would be there through it all, I have found it. The hardest times come because I believe I can handle them and I can find the light at the end of the tunnel by myself. To feel the pain of sadness and the hurt of betrayal I had to have love and happiness at some point, otherwise it wouldn’t hurt so bad. My desires to feel that love and to be truly happy once more will push me to get through the hardest times I have ever faced. It is not going to be easy, life isn’t an easy thing, but there is hope for me and for us all.

The will to carry on is deep inside of me and the power to find it is there. You simply have to be willing to let yourself use that strength because you can get through anything. I believe that we all have inner strength that can help us find what it means to be happy again.