Life isn’t fair… or is it?

Ashley - Santaquin, Utah

I believe in being fair. I have also wanted everything to be as fair as it could be. I would want no one to have more than anyone else. This is how I have always been and will always be. Even when I was a little kid, and there was a cookie left and my brother and I would both want it. I would say how about we split it. And I would split that cookie as fair as I could.

If everything in life was fair then we would not get jealous of others because of their stuff. Then there would be no fights, well maybe not as many, no jealousy. But if everything was fair then we would not get to experience the true and beautiful way of life.

By being fair no one could not trust another. They would know that it would be fair and that there would be nothing to worry about.

I know that it is hard to be fair because it is just so much more easier to take the easy way out. But it should not matter if you like the person or not, just because you do not like the person, does not mean that you should treat them unfairly.

I know this person, I do not know if I would say we are friends, but they think we are the best of friends. So instead of treating her unfairly I try to be nice and treat her with the same respect I would treat one of my best friends. I believe in being fair. No matter how hard it can be, everyone deserves to be treated fairly. Everyone has a right, everyone has feelings. And those feelings should never be hurt by the way some treats because they are not being “fair”. When I said “fair” it does not have to mean the exact dictionary meaning but it can be other ways of it.

I think that if everyone would try to be fairer then more people could be trusted and then we would not have as many problems as we do now. Do not just say. “Oh I do not need to worry about it; someone else can go and change the world.” Well don’t just sit there and not let anything happen. You are the ones to go out there and start fixing what is wrong. TODAY!