Everything happens for a reason

Kacy - Sandy, Utah
Themes: change

Everything happens for a reason. Those are the words I grew up hearing. Every time a major change would take place in my life, those words would echo from my mother’s mouth. Its hard growing up in a world that is so unpredictable and always changing. The innocence and comfort that you have as a child, suddenly disappears from your world.

These words have a whole new meaning to me now that I’m older and a little bit more mature. I can look back on situations and see the whole entire picture.

It all started about four years ago. My mom made a decision that would change everything about my life for the rest of my life. We relocated from our home in Danville California to the foreign city of Sandy Utah. My new home was the place I met two new friends who became my best friends. It was the place I invited over my first real crush and we held hands. My new home became only a place in my memory. It became the place where I was forced to grow up and become who I wanted to be. My new home made me who I am today. Today I am happy. Today I know what makes me cry. Today I am comfortable in my own skin. And the most important of all is that today I know where I am going to be tomorrow.

“This is the first day of my life; I swear I was born right in the doorway. I went out in the rain, and then suddenly everything changed. Yours was the first face that I saw, I think I was blind before I met you. Now, I don’t know where I am, I don’t know where I’ve been, but I know where I want to go.” – Bright eyes.

I believe that everything happens for a reason. Everyone you meet everything you do, it all happens for a reason. I am confident that everyone on this earth has a purpose. The challenge is figuring out that you really are somebody special, and that your life is not one of chance. Complete strangers have changed my life in ways I can’t even begin to describe. I can only believe that I might have had that same impact on someone else.

This life is not easy. Everything is always changing. We are always changing, and growing. But I believe that if we can have a different perspective on life, then maybe it will make each day a little easier. Everything happens for a reason. Trust in that through the good and the bad. One day you will wake and be exactly where you want to be. You will be exactly who you want to be. This, I believe with all my heart.