Fresh air

Keith - York, Pennsylvania
Themes: nature

Fresh air

I breathed in the brisk air during the middle of fall when the leaves are amazing colors. I believe that you should get some fresh air, because it really helps you feel better.

#1 One reason I stand before this belief, is that it helps calm you, like the sound of ocean waves crashing down on the beach. It’s almost as if it’s a giant stress ball and in one squeeze and it all disappears, like wind blowing away the tumbleweed. After I have a fight with a family member or friend, I go outside to cool off for a while to regain my calm and positive attitude. Getting fresh air is like putting on one of the weird CD’s with ocean sounds, waterfalls, and Celtic music.

#2 I consider fresh air a necessity to life. It’s like getting reborn into the world again. Have you ever had one of those days, where there’s nothing to do outside and you come inside and sit on the couch and start watching TV, but there’s really nothing on? Well when that occurs my mom usually says, “Get off the couch and get some fresh air!” Then I realized that she is always right. So I go outside after sitting on the couch for about three hours, and I feel like a new person, like I was revived and all my tiredness has disappeared into the dark. Like Jane Austen’s quote “To sit in the shade on a fine day and look upon the verdure is the most perfect refreshment.”

#3 Also according to my beliefs fresh air helps you think when you are stressed. Again have you ever had one of those days where, in my case since I’m in seventh grade, you have two projects along with a bunch of homework and you have soccer practice after your long track practice, and somehow in that whole day you have to remember to bring in lunch money. The best I think someone can do is get fresh air, because getting fresh air is important.

#4 One experience that I had that helped me realize that the wonderful fresh air helped was when I was thinking things out one day. I don’t really remember what I was thinking about, but I think it was about school. I went outside and things started clicking like the cool switches in a fighter jet ready to fly. Then I went back inside and tried to continue thinking about it, but it was so much harder to do. Fresh air can help you tremendously.

Like the old Chinese proverb “The miracle is not to fly in the air, or walk on water, but to walk on earth.” So remember to always get fresh air.