When we’re Gone.

Danny - West Jordan, Utah

When we’re Gone.

“The life given to us by nature is short, but the memory of life well spent is eternal.”- Cicero. This is to me the best motto you can live life by. It navigates you to go the right way doing good things so u’ll be remembered as a good name long after your gone.

I believe that you get to choose what people say about you when you’re gone. Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, Christopher Culumbus and Martin Luther King jr. are great and perfect examples that what I believe is very true. They have holidays, schools, museums, statues and a lot more things after them because the things they did while they were alive were good things. This could also go the other way and you could be remembered as a coward or a bad person. Some examples for this the attackers on September 11th 2001, or Hitler.

In my case I want to be remembered as a great father, since I had her when I was sixteen which that makes it a little harder. I know my father isn’t going to have a lot of people talk good about him and I don’t want that for me. I want my daughter to love her daddy and tell great stories about me, I want her to be proud to be my daughter. Hopefully in the future she writes a story about my life and looks at me as an idol or hero, and I still have a lot of life to live so I’m going to make sure it’s well spent.

I’m hoping that when you read this and after you feel inspired and know what I’m trying to say and understand it. So you can take it and use it because it will only do you good. But you always have to remember that people make mistakes and no on is perfect, NO ONES PERFECT! So you can’t just start being negative after you mess up or do something wrong. You just have to get up and try again.

Stanley Tookie Williams did something extremely bad I’m not saying he did it by the way. But while he was in jail he didn’t quit and just said screw it I’m not going out like that. No he went on and taught the future kids that you have to take the right path. By doing that he switched it up and went from being in a gang and shooting people, to writing award winning books.

That’s one of the best examples so instead of going out to be a bad guy, people remember for what he did after all the madness. So it’s really up to you to decide, what happens after your gone do you want to be just another person gone or a new school, statue or book. But it’s all up to you.