Damn You Zero Day

Alexandra - Sandy, Utah

Damn You Zero Hero Day.

I believe my success would be the best revenge.

For as long as I can remember I have wanted to be successful. Like my life has a purpose. I’m here for a reason. I’m not just another face in the crowd dammit.

Before I was even born, my “father” wanted nothing to do with me. He left my mother with me inside her. My mom was alone and had only herself to take care of me. Can you imagine how it feels to have someone who is suppose to love and care about you want nothing to do with you?

All this anger and pain has changed to my motivation. I just want him to hear or see my name one-day and realize that I didn’t need him. He had nothing to do with my success. I didn’t and I don’t need him. So I can prove to him and any one else who has ever doubted me.

Like my crazy uncle who molests his kids. He thinks I’m the spawn of Satan just because I have a couple piercings on my face and I’m a little opinionated. Well I could think of worse things. I want to be able to have a nice job and a nice family and have him envy me.

Even to my first grade teacher. One Day I had to go to the restroom during lunchtime so I went in. It was a special day that day, it was Zero Hero Day. We had a sub; her name was Mrs. Mango, she was very mean. Well I guess the treats of that day had gone missing so since I was the only one who went to the bathroom it was my fault. Mrs. Gerber, I hate you and I didn’t do it.

I’m not an angry person by any means, I just know I have potential. It just needs something to spark it so it will set it off and being vindictive and vengeful might have to be my gas to the matches.

I want to be able to take care of my mom. To buy her a nice house and pay all of the bills. She can just sleep, bake, and make candles all day.

You know when you have a strong feeling, like a hunch or instinct to do something, this is mine. Everyday I wake up and think about one of those people to show what I am made of. I create my own future and my own success, even if I’m doing it for the wrong reasons.