Being Yourself

Shae - Midvale, Utah

Being Yourself

I believe in being yourself no matter what. I really do believe that the key to having an amazing life is to be yourself no matter what, you should not have to change who you are for anyone rather it be for friends, teachers, co-workers, family, or anyone else. I believe in this so strongly because, I have personally seen too many friends and family members’ change who they are to try to fit in better with other people. Now don’t get me wrong change that is going to help you succeed in life and become a better person is alright as long as you do not complety become a different person and get caught up in what you are doing. But with that said changing just for anyone to try to fit in with a group of people or a certain person is not a good thing and it can ruin a lot of great opportunities.

Some of the things I have seen are a couple of my previously really good friends, they each had a lot going for them in and out of school. They both got great grades. One was succeeding in sports; they both had a lot of really close friends and a great family to support them. Then out of nowhere they completely changed to try to fit in with the wrong group of kids and slowly they started to loose friends, get bad grades, and stopped having as good of relationships with family. Then before I knew it they were completely different people, they dropped out of high school, lost all of their good friends who tried to support them, lost their relationships with their family and got caught up in fitting in with other kids who were not doing the right things.

I think a lot of people have experienced something similar to this in their lives and it should be an eye opener to everyone. You should just be yourself always no matter what, and do not ever change for anyone because it can really affect your life a lot. I think if people will not except you for who you are then they are not even worth your time. A true friend or family member should be one who will be there for you no matter what 100% of the time, no matter who you are as an individual.