This I believe

Chelsea - Snohomish, Washington
Themes: carpe diem

This I Believe….

I believe to always acknowledge your wrongs, admit you made a mistake, and to learn from it. In my life, I have made many mistakes, but a mistake can be anything from forgetting to take the trash out and having mom yell at you, or it can be a big one in which you make life threatening decisions. Sometimes you choose the wrong one, which results in regretting what you chose I believe a mistake is truly a mistake if you didn’t learn from it. My relationships have molded me to be the person I am today, good and bad. My best friend Conner is my everything. He is my rock. He helps me when I am down. He is always there for me, and he has played a major roll in my development . All relationships have their problems and ours has them too. A struggle in a relationship is like a roadblock halting the cars. It holds everything back, but when you talk problems through it just works out in the end just like when the roadblock is set free.

O ne step at a time. I believe that is what one should to live by. I have it tattooed on my foot as a reminder to always take life one step at a time. I believe to take life as it comes and live spontaneously. Sometimes, it’s nice to live by plans, but some people are so concentrated on planning everything that is controls their life. Planning for a marriage or planning when to get pregnant, everything in this world now is about time. Everything in life has its own plan and it will work out in the end. When I look down at my tattoo, I am reminded of one of my friends who passed away on December twenty third thousand and six, Hannah Zylstra. She was in a car accident with her sister in the passenger seat. Just a few days ago, Conner and I were on the way to school and I was getting out of the car. He told me to stop, and sit down. I sat and he began to pull out his Washington State History book. He opened the cover and showed me the inside. Written in pencil, “Hannah Zylstra 2006-2007” It was probably one of the last things she touched; I looked at her hand writing, the flow, mimicking her hand writing. Yes, it was just a history book, but she her hand had been there, and no names after hers. It was the only name, so she was probably one of the last to touch this book. Knowing her hand had touched it and now I have touched the same book gave me chills. Everyday is a struggle I always will remember her, laugh, her smile, and everything about her. In that situation my quote made a huge difference. I took a big step back and breathed. Conner told me it was ok, and me to remember all the good memories.

A ll my life I have thought of something to live by or religion didn’t work for me. So now I know live for the little things in life and cherish every moment you get with anyone. Overall never forget and live life to the fullest.Take chances. And never forget how your past has made you who you are today.