Brittany - Snohomish, Washington

I believe in true love. Love is everywhere. Starting in kindergarten, I could tell that I was in love with a boy. I didn’t realize it at first, but it was in the stars that we were destined to be together. We followed each other around all day in kindergarten, on the play ground, during lunch, and during free play time after class. We were inseparable. Mrs. Grove actually called my mom to inform her about my closeness with the other student, “I’m not concerned but I just wanted to tell you that your daughter and boy student have been very close.” I was so head over heals. Josh Guliuzza! What I beautiful name, I’d think to myself. One day, I grabbed him and gave him a huge kiss on the top of his head. I thought it was the best day of my life. But later, in music class, we played The Farmer & the Dell. Josh was picked to be the farmer. I prayed and prayed that he would pick me for his wife. He finally picked me! It was actually the best day of my childhood. The next year he wasn’t in my class because they separated us for being so close. Then, Josh had moved to a private school so I never saw him again, or so I thought.

Sophomore year, the most amazing thing happened: MySpace. I had my old yearbook out looking through the names and I remember Josh. Of course he had a MySpace. He moved to California so we could only talk online. One day I got a call from him and his voice sounded so different. Then my heart sunk with the words, “Brittany, I have cancer.” I couldn’t believe it. I had to fly down to see him.

That summer I went flew down to stay with him and his family and it was like I was back in kindergarten. Even though he was going through chemotherapy, we stayed up and talked, went out to dinner, saw movies, and just did everything together. That following year at school I met a girl, Jessica, and it turns out that she was in my kindergarten class too. She went to the same private school that Josh and knew him well. She also had a boyfriend that had recently moved to California; we instantly bonded. Toward the end of my senior year, prom was coming. Josh had gotten a webcam. He showed me his tickets and his parents had gotten him a flight up to Washington and he asked me to prom. Both of our boyfriends flew up just to go with us. Jessica’s mom started tearing up with she saw all four of us together. She called it the sweet love story. All four of us were brought together by God and that’s what makes everything so amazing.

“Love is patient. Love is kind.” Love is true. People that put their lives in God’s hands truly end up happier in the end. Don’t search, don’t ask, don’t plan, and don’t worry about who you’re going to marry or who is going to be your boyfriend or girlfriend. “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, and it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres. Love never fails.” – 1st Corinthians 13:4-8. There is a special person for each one of God’s children, but you won’t be with them and be totally happy unless you are 100% satisfied with your relationship with God.