Mistakes

Miki - Robinson, Texas

Sometimes in my life, I have barriers that I have to overcome, a lot of people do. I have setbacks I have learned from and overcome.

My mom is one of the many people that had to overcome a gigantic obstacle. She was a single mom fresh out of high school, and she had two kids by the time she was nineteen. Also, she still had to go to college, and she had to go to school, study, and take care of two kids! Her regular day was very hectic. Everyday she made breakfast for herself and two kids. She drove them to daycare, then she went to school. After she was finished with school, she went to her part-time job. After work, she would go pick up her kids from the babysitter. Finally, after a long day, everyone would take their baths, then go to sleep for the night. The next day she would have to start all over again.

I think that this obstacle made her the awesome mother that she is today. She learned from her mistakes and has taught me things that she has learned from experience so that I will not make the same mistakes that she did. She overcame it by working hard and achieving goals and dreams in life. She still was to go to school and nurse as she had planned, but she did admit that everything could have been much easier if she would have waited to have children.

I believe that everyone has obstacles or setbacks in their lives that they can overcome to achieve their goals in life. I’ve learned that you can learn from other people’s mistakes. Also, I have learned that making mistakes will make me stronger and smarter. I believe, we can learn from all of our mistakes.