The Future is Huge

Jessica - Robinson,TX,76706, Texas

That night, I never once thought of what would happen based on my actions. It was the first night I had ever stayed at my friend’s house, and I knew it would be a lot of fun. We would do things like go wrap houses, hang with buds, walk around the neighborhood, and eat as much as we could.

Things happened that night that I am not proud of. I had been raised my whole life to be a good example for my friends, and my parents had taught me not to follow the crowd. I threw all of those teachings away that night. If I could go back, I would not have gone wrapping, walked around the neighborhood, or got in a fight with some of my closest friends. I had to see the disappointment in my parents’ eyes while they were asking me for the truth. It made me feel completely worthless. That night I realized that I need to think about the consequences that will come with my actions. I think a lot of times people do things, because all they want to do is have a good time. They think that it is ok because you will be forgiven of your sins. That is not the state of mind that I believe people should be in.

I will always think of the consequences that come with my actions. It is important to my future to think of where I will go to college, what my first job will be, or even something as little as what sports I will participate in. It will help me to be successful if I think of the future. The presidents, teachers, and athletes of today did not get to be so successful by partying on the weekend. Everyday when I get home from school, I think about the consequences of not doing my homework. I realize that there are more consequences if you don’t do you homework, than there is if you do it. Keeping this in mind helps me in the future to not slack off in school.

I need to continuosly think of the things I want to accomplish in my life. I need to worry about why I make the choices I make, and how it is going to affect me in my future.A lot of kids today don’t think about their eating habits. They need to begin to think about what they are putting in their bodies, and how it will affect them when they get older. Some kids don’t realize that their nutrition can affect how long they live. Poor eating habits may put restrictions on goals they want to accomplish when they get older. I myself have begun to eat healthier, just knowing the things that can happen to me once I get older. Daily, I think of the consequences that come with my actions. Doing this has changed my life in many good ways. If I do not continue to live by this belief, my future will not be the best that it can be.

I believe that kids, teenagers, and adults need to think about what is to come in the future.

The importance of the future is huge. We need to make something big of it, but it will not happen if we don’t take repsonsiblity and push towards what is to come.