Kayla - Robinson, Texas
Themes: hope

What if? What if you found out you had a terminal illness or just had a serious sickness? It is a very scary thought. There are many kinds of sicknesses, some being life threatening. Just think, even the chicken pox is scary because there is a way to prevent it, but there is no cure to it. Mosquitoes, which are around all the time, cause Malaria, the number one killer in the world. Generations are getting smarter and smarter though, and I think one day we will have a cure for almost everything. I believe this will be a miracle, and I believe in miracles.

I believe it is a miracle to be living here today. Everything about us and the world is amazing. It’s amazing how our bodies let us breath, walk, and talk. How is it all possible? How is Earth the only planet that can sustain life? How does gravity keep us on Earth, and how is Earth the perfect distance away from the sun so it’s not to hot? Why is Earth the only planet that has land and water on it? If you look at our solar system, Earth looks so different from the other planets. Earth has the greenhouse effect, clouds, land, and water! No other planet has all of that, and that is what helps us live here today. Life is so amazing, yet so confusing, but it is such a wonderful miracle.

It’s crazy how things are getting so advanced. Long ago there were no phones, no television, and no computer! People have come up with all kinds of things. Technology is becoming more superior and developed. We are making more medicines and vaccines, and one day I think there will even be a cure for cancer. I do believe the day we find the cure for cancer, and many other major sicknesses, it will be yet another wonderful miracle.

I have had people in my life find out they have cancer, and it’s a terrible thing to have. Luckily though, all of them have overcome it. The Race for the Cure, a race for women with breast cancer, is very inspiring to me. I don’t know any women that have had breast cancer, but I have walked in the race. It is amazing to see all of the women who have overcome breast cancer and walk the race now.

I believe many things are miracles, and I do believe in miracles. I think it is important to believe in them because look at all the amazing things that have happened and are waiting to happen. For example, life and cures! It is all so confusing how everything has turned out the way it is. Life, cures, and technology are miracles that are improving every day. Life is so amazing with all of these miracles.