Trent - Robinson, Texas

Many people today make mistakes. I don’t like mistakes, but I try to always learn from the mistakes that I have made. I can help others not make the same mistakes that I have made by telling them what to do or not to do.

I know that no one is perfect; I am saying is that those many mistakes that everybody makes. Even the Founding Fathers made mistakes. Most scientists make many mistakes before they get it right, but they stayed positive about their beliefs. I could get kicked out of the military. Some times mistakes can be fatal. If I was in a battle and I make a mistake by accidentally shoot a friend or a fellow soldier, I just took a persons life on my own side, I could get kicked out of the military. Then I wouldn’t have a job, so I wouldn’t get a pay check. Without money I couldn’t pay for my living space, or pay for my groceries. So I would end up being a bum, living on the streets without a home.

Let’s say that I am baking a cake and I forget to put on the oven mitts to take the cake out of the oven. Then I get burned on my arms and hands and have to go to the hospital just because I forgot to put on oven mitts to take out a cake. After that experience would I forget to use the oven mitts anymore? I learned from a mistake, and I probably won’t forget the oven mitts anymore.

I can be a better problem solver if I look at mistakes that I have made. I was in algebra and our class was going to grade our homework from the night before. I was thinking that the homework was easy and that I made a one-hundred. I thought I had done it right. So we started to grade it. I got the first two rights then the next eight wrong. I was so confused. It ended up that I wasn’t doing one important step. I still remember that step today.

I have realized that I need to always look for a good thing when I make a mistake. It will be challenging, but I know it will pay off in the end. It can be life changing not only for me but for others. I can learn from my mistake and teach the things that I did wrong so others don’t do the same thing. I could save peoples lives by just learning from my mistakes.

Many people have learned from a mistake at one point in their life. I know it could sound silly but paying attention to mistakes can help me with just about any situation. I have become a better person from just looking at mistakes. The mistake could have been in a relationship, friends, sports, with anything. It is always good to look for a good thing when I make a mistake, this I believe.