Great Friends

Kirsten - Robinson, Texas

Has anyone ever made fun of you because the way you dressed or looked? Or is it have you ever made fun of anyone else because of the way they looked or dressed?

I have participated in both sides of the story. Not only have I been made fun of, but I have mad fun of others.

I met a boy in sixth grade that is very much like me. There was only one difference, he fit in he was popular and I was not. He became my best friend. So I became popular too. He is still my best friend to this day. My friend and I are extremely close, like brother and sister. We made a pledge kind of thing that we said we would never in our lives as friends or if something made us no longer friends we would always respect each other no matter what. We will always work together threw the hard, tough stuff going on in our lives.

For about three years now, we have kept that promise and our friendship gets stronger everyday. As the days go by, we become stronger people and stand up for what’s right.

Since I immediately made friends with him, I became popular. Sometimes the popular kids make fun of others for no reason. Believe it or not they make fun of teachers! They shouldn’t make fun of the people who are trying to make them successful young adults. I feel we should always respect others and their thoughts. Because of my feelings, I choose to and not make fun of people like the other popular kids. I was at a track meet the other day and there was a girl being teased by some boys. I was thinking I should go over and tell those boys to stop. But I didn’t. Instead I watched her cry over what those boys what those boys said. Then I noticed that she really cared what they had to say. They finally noticed that she was crying and walked back to her and said sorry. But, still they didn’t have any right to first off make fun of her, second off make her cry.

Her friends should have stood up for her but I guess they are scared to take a chance of being made fun of just like her. For standing up for what’s right I many times get made fun of just because I want everyone to be treated equally? I don’t think it is right for people to not stand up for what’s right just because they are scared of taking a stand.

Yes we will all be made fun of at some point in our lifetime. But why should we have to deal with it. People can make the right choice to respect people.

We would have world peace if everyone respected each other. But we don’t that’s why we are still waging wars against each other. Stick with your friends treat them nicely and remember that your friends will always be there to help you. They are only true when they are willing to help you threw the hard difficult times going on in your life. Be true to yourself.