A real God and Friend

Michael - Tegucigalpa, Honduras

I believe that God is real because He has transformed lives with His power and love. My life was a total disorder without Him. I have seen many miracles, and the best of them is a life changed by God. God’s Glory is something that can be experienced is when a person comes to Jesus’ feet. I have seen His Glory reflected in many faces, thanking Him for what He does.

Jesus is real because He is my friend. I talk to Him daily, and He shows me His love always. God healed my heart from many wounds. I love my parents very much, but I have some injuries inside of me. When I was a little boy, I witness many things that occurred in my family. First of all, what I always remember are the fights that my parents had. Our family had lots of problems and my parents marriage was one of them.

The marriage hasn’t been a perfect thing. Some actions and attitudes from my parents have affected me. Those situations have made me feel an extreme sorrow. My heart was falling into pieces. The people that were supposed to be my friends wouldn’t lead me to a positive thing or situation. I used to think only at parties and stupid things. I didn’t have any purpose and no reason to live. A ray of light came when someone presented me to a wonderful friend; His name is Jesus. I started attending a youth group, and my eyes slowly started to open. God showed me his awesome love and what He is capable of doing.

My mom and dad don’t go to church with me, but God’s word says that I only need to believe in order to be saved with my family. I told God that my house and I would serve him. I am standing in the line of fire for my family. I know God is real because having this conviction hasn’t been easy. When I feel that I can’t continue, that is when God’s Glory manifests. God is improving everything in my life and family. My finances are going well because the Lord is faithful.

God wants to show that He is real and He only wants to show his love. We need a personal relationship with God in order to find happiness. The only way to be happy is fulfilling our purposes in life, and our creator wants to show us the way. God is looking for someone to use us for doing His will and we can be those people. The Lord is everything to me and finding the truth was the best thing that could happen to me.