Dance with the destiny

Gabriela - Tegucigalpa, Honduras

I believe in destiny because the experiences that my family has passed through have proven to me the reality of it.

During my parent’s wedding, eighteen years ago, my mother threw her wedding flower

bouquet, and my aunt was the lucky woman to catch it. She was a young, rebellious

woman, who hated “Americans,” and blamed every single one of them for all the economical

problems Honduras was facing. Fannia was one of the radicals whose ideology was

against the intrusion of external countries. She didn’t realize that she was about to fulfill her

destiny, because life had set up a plan for her that day.

After the wedding my aunt and other friends went to celebrate in a hotel. All of the young

ladies where in the atrium when an “American” came up to take a seat at a nearby table. The

juvenile ladies concurred to made a joke and send the “American” a drink; when he turned his

head, they would raise their drinks to him. When he turned his head the only one to raise the

glass was my aunt Fannia. From that moment on, the American never left her side. It was her destiny to meet him after receiving the flower bouquet, and it was ironic that she ended

up with an American.

When my mother told me that tale I was a little girl, and I was astonished. I started to

considered that maybe we all have a plan set up in God’s hands. During these last days, I have realized that my belief in destiny is not like as a belief in luck or card lecture. My convictions in destiny do not exist as worldly passions, but in the belief that God sets up a plan. Since I was a little girl, in my candid dreams, I began thinking that all events were joined, and that maybe everything was written in a “life book”.

Even now I have the conviction that life maybe is planned ahead of us, and even if I believe or not in free will; I think that God has a set up purpose for my life. Maybe my destiny is to accomplish that purpose, and to make a good or bad change in the world while I’m alive. I assume destiny is a force of set up events that will happen to us, but my decisions are maybe just a part of the future I will have. I believe that maybe people complete their destinies without knowing about it. People go through life completing their own purposes, and sometimes God’s expectations. Even considering these events, I consider that God has written down all the possible ways a person could take in life. I think that my final destination will be a result of the decisions I make during my life time.

For example: One of the greatest tales I was told by my grandmother really influenced my beliefs. Maria, my grandma told me how she met my grandfather. After losing her first husband, my grandma with four children, was not hoping for love. While she was walking, a tall nice looking guy approached her. The man came near her and asked her which of them was taller, and then they started a nice conversation. After that moment, that man did not care her

rejection. He told her that she was the woman whom he had chosen to make him suffer, and that

there was no way of letting her go. That man followed Maria until the day she accepted him.

Years later, my mom and her four sisters were born from that relationship.

In conclusion I realized that it was written that my grandma’s family would not end with

her first marriage dissolution. God always have set up plans for his creations, and he guides them

in order to accomplish their destinies and purposes. It was clear to me that my mother was

destined to be born so that I was born, and that I was born for a purpose. Maybe to write this

paper about my family stories, maybe to unite my mom and dad, or maybe just to be one more

person who can make a positive or negative change in this world. No one can truly know what

plans life has set up for us , but still there is a purpose in life for every human being living in the

world.