This I believe..I believe that simple things in life can make you happy

Alexys - 75070, Texas

I believe that the simplest things in life can make you happy.

I was having a horrible day nothing was going right. Everything seemed to be going the wrong way .It started in the morning I was late for the bus and my mom was furious. Along the way to school she was lecturing me about how I should be more punctual for things .Then first period comes and I’m really not in the mood to do anything and people can tell. Through out first period Im getting people mad at me. I can tell my bad day has caused me to think negative and treat other s badly just because im down Well someone noticed I was having a bad day and they give me a note with a smile face saying Smile. Believe it or not that seriously turned my day upside down .Its funny how that simple note caused me a ray of happiness.

Not only have I witnessed little things making people happy but every once in a while when I see someone is having a bad day I do something nice for them .A little kindness truly does goes a long way. For instance I saw someone I didn’t normally talk to crying. It mad e me sad, I decided to go up to them and try to cheer them up. I wasn’t really successful but as I was getting up to leave they said “thank you for listening that helped a lot” and then they flashed me a quick smile.

I can see why it’s the little things that make you happy, it’s because they stick out more than the bad. Like the day I had my bad day, I had a list of many bad things that happened that day but when I got that note it made it seem like that moment of happiness out shined all the other bad moments. At that moment it didn’t matter that I had more bad things happening than good.

That is why I believe that the simple things in life can make you happy. I will live by that believe. I also try to remember this when im having a hard time or If I know someone that’s having a hard time. So next time just remember a simple thing can go a long way.