– the world is round.
– in a thing called love.
– that words can be used to heal and hurt others.
– that Santa Clause was a real person long ago, by the name of Saint Nicholas.
– that the Easter Bunny does not hide plastic eggs, but rather steals them from magical chickens.
– in love at first sight.
– in God, and the holy trinity.
– in the name of science.
– in creationism, not evolution.
– that the world is becoming less tolerant.
– that if you are old enough to die for your country, you should be able to drink alcohol.
– that anyone can get their own television show nowadays.
– that hard work pays off.
– that determination and motivation are the keys to success.
– education will get you farther in life than good looks.
– that people who judge others are insecure in themselves.
– friends and criticism are essential parts of life.
– in fate.
– exercise cleanses the soul.
– Jesus Christ is the Savior to all.
– laughter and joy can cure any problem.
– life is too short to waste.
– drugs and alcohol can lead to an early death.
– writing, painting, and music are the best way a person can express themselves.
– that dogs are truly mans best friend.
– gay marriage and abortion are a choice made by a person that should be respected.
– in democracy.
– in peace.
– that world hunger will never be solved, even if everyone is full on food there will still be people being hungry mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
– that all races of people can commit hate crimes, not just whites..
– everyone is equal in Gods eyes.
– every sin is a sin, no matter how big or small.
– friends are the next best thing to family.
-that one day the whole world will see how evil it has become and all problems will be solved.
If you enjoyed this essay, please consider making a tax-deductible contribution to This I Believe, Inc.