Put a Smile on.

Elijah - Dallastown, Pennsylvania

Put a smile on.

Some people call me a class clown. Others say I am just trying to get attention. Neither is correct, I believe in always trying to make people laugh.

There are many reasons I believe in making people laugh, one is, people can be sad without them even showing it. If you happen to make them laugh they will become happier. Even though I won’t get any rewards for this, it still makes me happy, because I know I am making other people happier.

“Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.” – Victor Borge. This is another reason I like to make people laugh, it makes me more popular. No, I am not saying popularity is everything, but we all want a few friends. Making people laugh helps me get friends, because most people would rather hang out with a funny person than a humorless one. I know this from experience because one of my best friends in the world never even spoke to me before until I told him a joke, and now we are nearly inseparable.

Have you ever heard the saying, “Laughter is the best medicine,”? Well it’s true. Based on a recent study, the more you laugh the longer, and less stressful your life will be. So by making people laugh, I am also making them healthier. This makes me happier knowing that I could be the reason someone may live until they are 100. Make people laugh.

Have you ever been in a weird conversation, and didn’t know exactly what to say? This is where making people laugh comes in, if you say something funny, it makes the awkward conversation a lot less awkward. I know this may not seem like a big deal, but it is really important, especially when you are talking to someone really important, or someone you like. For some reason, humor makes conversations at lot easier.

I believe that making people laugh is the most important thing in the world. I believe this because it was once said that “Sometimes men need laughter almost more than we need food.” This is why I make people laugh.