Working Hard

Garrick - Robinson, Texas

Working Hard

“If you deliberately plan on being less than you are capable of then I worn you that you will be unhappy for the rest of your life”- Abraham Maslow.

When I was in the sixth grade, I got a new video game for my birthday. I played any time I was at home. My addiction to that game got so bad that I started not doing my homework and going strait to the video game when I got home. I actually quit doing my homework all together. Finally all of those zeros caught up to me, so I failed almost all of my classes. Because I did not do my homework I did not know the material. I had to spend the rest of the year being grounded. I could not get my grades up because I did not know the material. I was grounded for a long time because I slacked off for two weeks.

Another time I had slacked off was at the end of seventh grade. I was ready for the summer vacation, and so I quit doing my school work. I almost did not pass for the year, because I slacked off on the last three weeks of school. I was grounded for almost the whole summer because I did that.

One time in the summer I had a lot of yard work that my dad was paying me to do, I didn’t do a very good job so I got grounded. I learned that if a job is worth doing, its worth doing right the first time.

If there’s any thing that I had learned, it was that it is easier to stay ahead in school, and that there are more important things than slacking off and playing video games. I have come to find out that I am a lot smarter than I thought I was, but I just wasn’t applying my self. I would have known that a lot sooner if I would have done my work.

I believe that it is important to always do a job right since it has to be done anyways.