War Horrible but Necessary

James - Robinson, Texas
Themes: war

War Horrible but Necessary

Gas prices are rising, taxes are increasing, and men being are killed overseas in Iraq. These things are because of the War on Terror. The War on Terror is pointless. When George W. Bush declared war, it was to capture the ones responsible for the ones responsible for the horrible incident of September 11th, 2001, but now we are in a foreign country wasting our time trying to start a whole country’s government?

I believe that war is a horrible thing, but that it can be necessary. I believe that war should only be used to protect our soil, and if we do need to attack another country. Then we should send planes in and blow them up and get out as fast as possible. Of course we would try to evacuate any civilians, but we wouldn’t have to spend years over in a foreign country trying to find a dictator that knows everything about the country. When we did find Sudan Hussein we still stayed in Iraq to help start their government!

A few weeks ago I was talking to my mom about her views on war. “What are your thoughts about war?” I asked “I am against all wars. We shouldn’t be in a war for seven years. The reason we even went into this war was to find the ones who were terrorizing our country. After we did find we should have left Iraq, but instead we stayed there to help form their government. When George Bush Senior was President he knew how to go into war. During, Desert Storm he went in and bombed the place and brought us home in a few months

When I get out of High school I’m thinking about going into the Army to serve my country. I remember when I first told my dad. I told him “Dad I’ve been thinking about hat I’m going to do when I get out of High school and I think that I might go into the Army”. He replied “I’m proud of you son. When I was your age I thought about it too but decided against it. They have a good school, and its cheap too I’m sure that you would do well.

I believe that the War on Terror is a useless war and that it is time to end it. We have been over there long enough, and it is time to bring our soldiers home. George W. Bush has kept hem over seas for no reason all they are doing is fighting and being killed for Iraq when they should be home with their families and friends. Let’s bring our boys home!