forgiveness

Brooke - 98290, Washington
Themes: forgiveness

I believe in forgiveness. I believe in second chances because this grace has been bestowed upon me. All my life I have been loyal, loving, and supportive of whoever I have been in love with. I have been a good companion and a trustworthy person. I have always done the right thing, but for some reason I made one bad choice that will effect me for the rest of my life. I had found the one person that would make me happy, for the rest of my life. This person was my best friend and my greatest companion. I took for granted what I had and abandoned my loved one for another.

These relations would inevitably end in vain and deep down in my soul. I knew it, but I did not act upon it. I realized that I might have been scheming leaving my partner or it was the fact that maybe I was curious about a new person. It was not partially a hundred percent of my fault, but I still faulted in abandoning them. I believe that I was the weak one, who left and pursued another, instead of trying to relieve the situations at hand.

Upon me throwing away my relations with my loved one, I began to realize how much I really cared for them. How much I really admired them, and how much I truly cherished them. My heart knew where it belonged and who it belonged with. But my mind tried to fight what my heart needed and I pushed the one person who truly understood me away. Or at least I tried because they refused to give up; which made me very happy in the end. The person I was with wasn’t who I expected them to be at all… They were not romantic, complimentary, or a gentleman in anyway. I began to see where this person lacked my previous love was strong in. After my relations were cut with the person that I left my loved one for… I crawled back to the one who never gave up on me. Unlike me, they never gave up. They never surrendered their love for me and they never would because they believed strongly that in life you fight for what you love.

They chose to forgive me, to hold me, to protect me and I knew no greater grace could be extended to me then this act that he had performed. I was grateful… and I am now still grateful. I will live my life always by the example they gave; how love never fails, love never ends, and always endures. I will never forgive myself because what I did was wrong, and I will continue to make it up to the person who is my best friend by being the best person I can be. Because of the actions they performed they deserve the best, and this is what I want to give to them always. This I believe.