Dreames can become reality

Adam - Robinson, Texas

Dreams can become reality

If you stick your to dreams, your dreams may come true.

Do you have a dream? Do you work hard to make your dream a reality? If you do, your dreams might turn into reality, just like the dreams of Martin Luther King Junior, Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglas, and Abraham Lincoln. As a result of their actions, African Americans gained their rights like everyone else. I am just like these people, for I have a dream as well.

This dream first came to me right after I learned that I had a talent in running long distance. My dream was that I would get a time of 5 minutes and 35 seconds (5:35) or lower in the mile run.

I have worked hard to make this dream come true for 5 year by running after school and even during the summer. It was during the year of 2008 at the district Junior High track meet at Connally when I finally met my goal. When I crossed the finish line on the mile run I came up with a time of 5:32, my dream had come true.

This is my dream, but many people have other types of dreams. Some people have dreams of becoming a movie star, a movie director, a hockey player, a football player, a basketball player, or even just having a successful life. My mom dreamed of becoming a physical therapist, but others like her high school counselor and a couple of teachers thought it would be too hard and discouraged her from being a therapist. But no matter what, my mom wanted this dream, she studied countless hours and worked hard and as a result, she became a physical therapist.

In my life, there have been times when I’ve come to obstacles during long distance runs, and it took me awhile to fix the problem. Whether it was the speed I was going, the wind, the cramps in my legs or the severe pain I felt in my chest and stomach, I knew that it was too much pain. But no matter what, I didn’t give up, and I’m making as much progress on my time as my teammates.

Although I’ve reached one dream, I now have a new dream, getting a time of 5:22 or lower. And this time, I’m giving it all I’ve got. Even if it takes me five years just to finish a race with that time.