20% Talent, 80% Heart

Aubree - York, Pennsylvania
Themes: work

20% Talent, 80% Heart

“Go for it! Push hard!” yelled my mom at my last gymnastics competition. I truly believe that hard work pays off. If you do not love something to the bottom of your heart, do not do it.

Working hard in school will help me with my future education when I am ready to go to college. How do I know this, you may ask? I know because in elementary school I have gained more knowledge, and now, in 7th grade, I have a better awareness of many things.

Working to your fullest is always better than not doing anything. “Learn as if you were to live forever, live as if you were to die tomorrow.” –anonymous. This quote shows that you do not live forever; therefore you need to live it as your best. Get the most out of life or later you will regret it. From my past experiences, this is completely true. In 3rd grade, I had a big gymnastics competition. Right before I was about to compete my beam routine, my hands and my feet were all sweaty. I was shaking when I got on the beam. Finally, when I finished, I had done it! I stuck everything and performed my hardest! I had scored a terrific 9.5!

“Try your hardest. You can do it!” said my coach while she was waiting for me to try my new skill.

“C’mon Aubree, you got it!” said Mallory as she was watching me try my skill that I had never done before. Attempting to succeed is at the top, even if you do not always get it accomplished. For example, when I was attempting my side aerial on the high beam, I tried my hardest, but I fell. I did not get hurt though, because I gave it my all.

“If you do not quit, and do not cheat, and do not run home when trouble arrives, you can only win.” -Shelley Long. This is one of my favorite quotes because there is no point in doing something if you are not going to try your hardest. If you quit, you have no possibility of winning. If you cheat, you are not closer to winning. If you run home when trouble arrives, you could never win. But, if you do not do all three, you are destined to be a winner!

I honestly believe that hard effort pays off.

Go for it!