Estelle - York, Pennsylvania
Themes: nature

The world is like a puzzle; all of the pieces are different, yet they all fit together perfectly. It is breathtaking that a place so diverse can be so unified, but also so divided. My belief of this world is that, as a whole and in fractional parts, it is a miracle.

Being someone who spends a great deal of time outdoors, I have viewed many extraordinary works of the earth. There are woods across the street from my house, and I can’t seem to get enough of venturing in to.

“You’re going to the woods, aren’t you?” is the common question that my mom asks when she catches me lacing up my sneakers.

“How did you guess?” I reply in disbelief.

“Just had a gut feeling,” she chuckles.

To be honest, I’m not entirely sure what draws me to love the woods so much. Maybe it’s the mystery that dares you to enter and poses the chance that you may never return. Perhaps it’s the peace of mind that urges you to linger there for eternity. Whatever it is, those naturally fantastic woods are one of the few marvels that prevail in this ever-changing place.

Another miraculous element to my life is that I am blessed with the surrounding virtues of love and understanding. My mother is a stay-at-home mom, which makes for an extremely well structured family. My parents have always been wonderful in handing me everything they’ve been able to. It’s not that I don’t encounter problems, but that I desire to meet more issues and to be less-privileged. I’ve experienced some of the unfair miracles in life, and it’s made me want to equalize all peoples’ miracles. Positive or negative, I believe that everything is a miracle.

Lastly, existence is a miracle in itself. Contained inside the boundaries of America alone, countless things inhere. On every web page and billboard lies a philosophy that begs for you to believe in it. It seems that all that is conceivable must be conceived. The complexity of our universe is seldomly not taken advantage of, as Conor Oberst would agree. “If the world could remain within a frame like a painting on the wall, I think we’d see the beauty then and stand staring in awe.” Not only does he capture the key point that the world is beautiful, but also that it is something we all take for granted.

The world, broken up in the box or framed in a display case, is one. A masterpiece is defined in the picture that this puzzle creates. This I believe.