I Believe in True Love

Bryn - Cheshire, Connecticut
Themes: love

I believe in true love. You might be thinking, “An eighteen-year-old girl? What does she know about love?” Or, something along the lines of, “She’s feeling ‘lust,’ there is no way she knows what true love is.” But the truth is, love comes out of no where and smacks you in the face. All of a sudden, you just have this feeling for someone that you can’t describe and you think about them constantly. You find yourself stuttering every time you try to talk to them, and you can never really get the wording right. Oh, and that feeling in the pit of your stomach, the one that hurts, but it’s the good kind of pain, most refer to this as “having butterflies.” Maybe you’ve seen that special person from across the room and thought to yourself, “That is who I am going to marry,” or maybe you haven’t met them yet. Is it possible that there is someone in the world who is made just for you? Is the whole “the one” thing true? I honestly think that it is. This person can come around in the strangest of ways. Maybe your car salesman, the guy who cuts your lawn or even someone you’ve seen walking past you on the street. Maybe you went to high school with him or her, and you just knew that that is the person God made for you. My word of advice: don’t doubt those feelings; you may never get a second chance.

Now, don’t get me wrong, true love takes time, but there is just something about your “True Love” that you just can’t put your finger on. Most of the time, you will have to fight for what you believe. If you believe that you are supposed to be with that person, you cannot give up. If all this “the one” stuff is true, then you are not going to want to let that person go. All good things take time, but great things happen all at once. Take the time to think about your true love. Maybe you’re with that individual right now, maybe you’ve already met them but they’ve slipped away, or maybe you’re with the wrong person. If you haven’t met that special person yet, don’t give up, there’s someone out there for you. With all that being said, I believe in true love.