Life is about choices.

Trae - Austin, Texas

I believe in following your dreams. Doing this can make you happy and successful in life. But if you let your dreams fade away, then I am sure you will be looking back on what could have been. You cannot always expect things to be given to you. To get what you want, you have to work for it and you must also believe.

Dreams are very important and everybody has them, but it is the people who follow their dreams that are successful and happy in life. The people who let their dreams pass them by are the ones that you see on the streets or in jail. Dreams can help you see things in a very different point of view. They can give you certain feelings and experiences that you never thought you could encounter, but it is up to you to make those dreams a reality.

My dream is to be a respectable person with a good job. I want to be proud of what I am doing with my life and proud of myself. I have followed this belief of mine many times before by staying positive and by being smart. Also, by staying in school, saying no to drugs, and staying out of trouble.

I also believe that your family and friends play a big part in helping you achieve your goals. They can keep you going when you are feeling down and they can make sure that you do not give up on your dreams. That is what my family and friends do for me and I am grateful for that. With the help from the people that I love, I feel that there is nothing that can stop me from accomplishing my goals. Unfortunately, there are going to be some people who will put you down, there will be people who do not support you, and there will people who are just negative and pessimistic towards you, but you must learn to overcome these challenges and move past the obstacles in your way. Another tip that I would like to give others is not to give into peer pressure. I am glad that I am different and unique. Everybody is different and has special talents, and that is what makes you who you are.

There was once a time when everything went downhill for me and I thought I could not accomplish anything. But, when I turned around, my family and friends were there to support me. I learned that I could not just give up when I am feeling weak and upset. I had to persevere and stay positive and determined. Following your dreams is not really so hard, but you must be patient and also, never give up. This may seem hard to do but it really is not if you give it a try. Pretty soon it will all be worth the work that you put into it, and you will be happy with the way that you are living your life.

I understand that nobody is perfect. This may not be so simple for some people to do. I also understand that there are people out there that have nothing. But, just because you have nothing does not mean that you cannot become something. You may just have to work a little harder to reach your goals. There should be no excuses for not getting what you want, or for being unhappy. Happiness comes to those who take action.

Life is all about choices. You can either chose to do the right thing, or to do the wrong thing, but you can never let anyone tell you that you cannot do something.