A Moms Love

Geoff McManus - Draper, Utah
Themes: love

A Moms Love.

My mom always said to love each other and to say it every time we are apart. Then say it to everyone I love. She was always looking out for us, because we are the greatest thing that has ever happened in her life. She says that she would die for us, but I think I would die for her because she is my roll model and a saint.

Growing up in my family it was like living in hell. Love was the last thing on our minds. My mother always yelled at us and anytime I was with my brother we would get in trouble together, she would smack our butts. It would hurt. My other brothers and my one sister were pretty good people. They would hardly get into trouble and would get the best grades ever. I didn’t get the best grades, and ever since I could remember, I failed like all of my classes. School was hard for me and I was rebellious, and it didn’t help out.

My father was meaner than my mom in many ways. He would go to work in the morning. Then after work he would go to the bar, And come home drunk. We would wake up to the sound of his voice through the vibrations of the walls. Then he would wake my mom and beat her until she was tired. My brother and I were little and weak to stand up and fight back. My mom would always tell us to just stay in our room if he ever got home like that.

I think that’s why my mom yelled at us, because she needed away to release her anger that she had for dad to us. I let her, or else if it wasn’t yelling it was hitting. So one day my dad beat her bad to the point when we just left him one night.

I was the second youngest of six siblings. My brother, Patrick, and I are the closest ones out of all of them. We are 9 months and a few days apart. He is the youngest and I feel that I am always looking out for him. And not caring for the well being of myself.

The reason why we express our feelings is because of our troubled past. My mother learnt that love is always there. I believe saying I love you to the ones I love whenever I am going to be apart from them. And even though there are bumps and trenches on the road of life, love is there to help you pass them.